Thursday, July 21, 2011

:: Why Tadpoles Are Better Than Flow Charts...



Networking. Shudder. Wince. I don't like it.  I have networkingaphobia. I know... I am on an aimless path to rack and ruin and clueless unconnectedness.  Yes.  I am totally shooting myself in the foot. Maybe. I am not sure if I care about that, to be honest.  I'm not a crack shot, so I'll probably actually be shooting myself in the leg of my coffee table, truth be told.

Maybe I just don't get the networking thing.  I like to meet people, listen to people, talk to people... see what happens. I like that.  But I don't seek to meet people in the hope that they can do stuff for me or introduce me to someone I know that they know.  (Got that?!) I suppose I see networking as a kind of strategic buddying up.  It's a little bit Mean Girls and a little bit Melrose Place.  Possibly there is a flow chart involved somewhere behind the scenes, with names and aims in little bubbles and arrows pointing all over the place.  I think networking is a bit like people chess (not the Musical, the GAME.)  Maybe I'm being a bit harsh.  

What if my own aimless meet/listen/talk is what networking really is?  Maybe I am DOING it?   Am I doing it? OMG.  Eep.

Okay, let's try this...  I like to gather up a whole bunch of people, online and offline,  to form a kind of gang of goodness.  I like to be part of that community of like minded pals, because there is power in numbers and we can get good stuff done and have good times together.   I call it doing good.  I call it being friendly.  But maybe it's networking too?  Am I doing it? OMG.  Eep.

It's the WORD, too, I think.  Networking. Ugh. NET-WORKING. Hm. Yes. I only like it when it involves people working on mesh-like, scoopy things to catch butterflies or tadpoles in.  That's the net-working that is best. It's even a  bit crafty, right?!  No animals will be harmed, of course.  We will look at them admiringly and put them right back where we found them. Friendly-like.

We engage (and it's not fiancee-ish.)  We connect (and it's nothing to do with dropping those red and yellow disks into lines of four.)  We move forward (and it's not putting one cutely clogged foot in front of the other.)  We network.  Ugh.  Maybe we can shelve the networking in favour of just being friendly? And let's reclaim the fiancees and take them on a clog-shod stroll to a Connect 4 lounge for a rollicking good time? Thumbs up for scoopy mesh things! Thumbs down for people chess! Thumbs up for friends! Thumbs down for flow charts!  We will not be pawns!  Give us back our tadpoles!

Yes?  Am I doing it? Maybe I'm doing it?!

xx Pip

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

FREE HOT VIDEO 1 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 1

FREE HOT VIDEO 2 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 2

FREE HOT VIDEO 3 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 3

FREE HOT VIDEO 4 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 4

FREE HOT VIDEO 5 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 5

FREE HOT VIDEO 6 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 6

FREE HOT VIDEO 7 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 7

FREE HOT VIDEO 8 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 8

FREE HOT VIDEO 9 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 9

FREE HOT VIDEO 10 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 10

FREE HOT VIDEO 11 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 11