Wednesday, July 6, 2011

: Cook. It. Slow. Yes.



So the 30 day Vegetarian challenge ended. On day 33.  I am back to my wicked ways again and especially enjoying chicken soup.  I am going to do a Vegetarian Month every year, to be more mindful of what I am snacking on.  But for now I am eating chicken and fish....

Here are some really great recipes for you, in case you have dusted off your slow cooker.  I am using mine every day, to try and stay ahead of the hungry holidays and dinner game.  I seem to be feeding the neighbourhood, too, which is nice!

I give you Five Really Great Slow Cooker Recipes...!


1. Chicken and Pesto Vegetable Soup :: I made this! I doubled the recipe and gave some to Victoria for her tea, too. It was really yummy. I added extra pesto and chilli in my bowl, when I served it.  You could omit the chicken and use vegie stock if you are not meaty.
2. Provencal Chicken Stew :: I made this too! In a HUGE slow cooker. The family ate the WHOLE LOT.  It's super yum.  I know that you don't want to fry your chicken before you slow cook it, but you really should, because it adds a depth of flavour you won't get otherwise.  If you don't eat meat, fry some potatoes and add those instead.. and maybe a tin of chickpeas. Yum.  You'll want to reduce the cooking time by an hour or two, then.
3. Crockpot Concussion Beef ::  Do you remember when the crockpot lid hit me on the head? This is what I was making at the time. It's really delicious served in tortillas with homemade guacamole, chipotle mayo and lots of salad and salsa.  YUM.  You can also make this recipe with beans, instead of beef.  THAT is lip smackingly good too.  Try and soak your beans overnight, lest things get fruity.
4. Slow Cooker Ratatouille :: I really love ratatouille.  It's so comforting and full of colour and flavour.  Slow cooking will get you a gentle, soothing bowl full of colour and health.  This is good the next day as a pizza topping too. Do you want to do that? I do!
5. Slow Cooker Dahl :: OMG. Yum.  Dahl works so brilliantly in the slow cooker.  And then voila, you can just boil some potatoes, slice them into chunks when done and fry them with some mustard seeds, garlic, peas and turmeric (and lots of salt) for a quick Indian feast!  Y to the UM.

What do you make in your slow cooker? Or do you not have one? They are really great, as long as you don't let them hit you on the head.

Also, my brother-in-law Andy is on Masterchef tonight. Ohmigodz!  With Marco Pierre White. Gazooks!

PLUS, I had so many rad visitors in the shop today.  Rayna and Michele and Jo! Noice!

Additionally, that bowl is Cathrineholm.  How great is it?!  So great. I have a couple of their stove top pieces and I love them so!  Do you love them?
xx Pip

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

FREE HOT VIDEO 1 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 1

FREE HOT VIDEO 2 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 2

FREE HOT VIDEO 3 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 3

FREE HOT VIDEO 4 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 4

FREE HOT VIDEO 5 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 5

FREE HOT VIDEO 6 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 6

FREE HOT VIDEO 7 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 7

FREE HOT VIDEO 8 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 8

FREE HOT VIDEO 9 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 9

FREE HOT VIDEO 10 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 10

FREE HOT VIDEO 11 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 11