Thursday, June 23, 2011

:: Nursery Food...



Look. Do not judge me.  Sometimes you have 'nursery dinners' imprinted in your memory.  Quick, mildly weird things that your Mum or Nanna or Dad used to serve you on the run. Tonight we are having a rare 'nursery dinner' night. This is because I have been in the shop for two days and even though I cooked LOTS of food to make sure that these two night's dinners were sorted, the hungry people in my house ATE tonight's dinner already.  And Cam is at work. So he's no use in the dinner cooking department tonight.

So, we are having something which Max and Rin and I love (Ari, notsomuch.)  Prepare to be shocked, but don't be too hard on me, because you KNOW I know about food.  AND you KNOW I am a good cook.  AND you've even cooked some of my recipes, perhaps?  Maybe.  This, of course, does not mean that I don't go weak at the knees for a nostalgic, nursery favourite.  This dinner dates back to when I was a wee child.  The idea may originate from the label on a can of soup, I am not sure.  I am too scared to ask.  Maybe it came on the spaghetti pack even...?

Here is what you do.

Cook a packet of spaghetti til it's al dente (I say that to make this seem fancier and more foodie than it is, truth be told, but DO cook your spaghetti nicely)
Then you need
One warmed tin of condensed tomato soup (don't add water! must NOT be salt reduced! if you like a lot of sauce, get the biggest can of soup)
One block of Kraft cheddar cheese, grated (this is the one that is NOT kept in the fridge at the supermarket)

You cook the spaghetti, as we said.
You use the warm non diluted soup as the pasta sauce.
You put a LOT of cheese on top.
You eat it up.

Shame. Shame. Shame. Yum.

Do you have any recipes like this?  From a label on a can, or from the 'handy hints' section of a 1974 newspaper, or from your Nanna's scribbly recipe file?  Do tell!

xx Pip

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

FREE HOT VIDEO 1 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 1

FREE HOT VIDEO 2 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 2

FREE HOT VIDEO 3 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 3

FREE HOT VIDEO 4 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 4

FREE HOT VIDEO 5 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 5

FREE HOT VIDEO 6 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 6

FREE HOT VIDEO 7 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 7

FREE HOT VIDEO 8 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 8

FREE HOT VIDEO 9 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 9

FREE HOT VIDEO 10 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 10

FREE HOT VIDEO 11 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 11