Sunday, June 5, 2011

:: Mario's, Home Days and Telly too...





Hey!  I hope you are well!  We spent the weekend resting up and hanging out with family.  It was super nice.  Wintery weather walks along Brunswick Street are always nice, esp when there are cousins and aunties and uncles in tow.  We descended on Mario's for coffee and cake late yesterday and they were really lovely and accommodating, considering there were 14 of us.  I guess after 25 years they take most things in their stride.  Happy 25th Mario's!  Their chocolate cake is the very best you will find.

Both kids are home today. One is awaiting a trip to see Tutankhamen with his cousins.  The other is ill.  I am ill too.  Meh.  No matter, I've had a good run lately, so I shall just rest up and be better tomorrow. Yes. I will.

I've been watching The Kennedys on ABC1.  A friend gave me Downton Abbey to watch a while ago (I love it!), so I've not been watching that...  I'm really liking The Kennedys.  I'm not much of a Katie Holmes fan, but I think the rest of the cast are really great.  Have you seen it?  What do you think?



I also watched a REALLY GREAT NEW SERIES on ABC2  (I actually watched it on iView).  It's called Design For Life.  It's a reality show based around Philippe Starck and 12 eager, impressionable design students. I just watched the first episode, where they all arrived in Paris and were set a Supermarket design challenge.  It was so great.  Philippe Starck is so hilarious.  I love his kissy, comic, paunchiness.  I love the way he approaches designing products, circling around the brief and gathering inspiration, concepts, layers of  meaning and  touches of humour, before editing it all down to the final practical solution.  Super great.



And finally, Victoria told me about another great program showing on the ABC called Art Race.  Artists Ben and Kenny start out on opposite sides of the US with $1 and only their painterly nouse to secure them food, lodging and transport.   They have to make it right across the country and try and sell their work as they go.  It's really interesting to see how they approach it, and even MORE interesting to see how 'everyday' people value art.   I am completely in love with the sweet and talented Kenny.  I would totally let him stay at my house (ahem).  Not such a fan of Ben...  It's on iView as well.

What are you watching?  Something good?  Could you tell us about it in the comments section?!  Go on...

xx Pip

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

FREE HOT VIDEO 1 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 1

FREE HOT VIDEO 2 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 2

FREE HOT VIDEO 3 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 3

FREE HOT VIDEO 4 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 4

FREE HOT VIDEO 5 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 5

FREE HOT VIDEO 6 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 6

FREE HOT VIDEO 7 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 7

FREE HOT VIDEO 8 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 8

FREE HOT VIDEO 9 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 9

FREE HOT VIDEO 10 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 10

FREE HOT VIDEO 11 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 11